Malaysia Institute of Statistics (ISMy) was registered under the Societies Act 1966 as a non-profit making body on August 17, 1984. The idea of establishing such a society was initiated on May 20, 1981, with the setting up of a Pro-team Committee for ISM.
To be a leading organization in promoting the proper practice, propagation, and dissemination of statistical knowledge for the benefit of society.
- To actively participate in the improvement of statistical education at all levels.
- To promote excellence in statistical practice, research, and publication.
- To enhance society’s awareness of the value of the statistical methods.
- To increase the visibility of the statistics profession.
- To diversify career opportunities for statisticians.
- To expand our circle of influence through interactions with professional societies, government agencies, and other organizations.