Department of Statistics Malaysia (DOSM), Central Bank of Malaysia (BNM) and Malaysian Institute of Statistics (ISM) are pleased to announce the call for papers for the 7th Malaysia Statistics Conference 2020: Census Shapes Nation’s Future. The conference will be held at the World Trade Center, Kuala Lumpur on 21 October 2020.
You are invited to submit an abstract with the following sub-themes and the abstract must be aligned with the main theme:
- Modernization in Statistics – Transforming the way of work through methodology, tools and process to create more adoptive, cost-effective and higher quality in the evolving field of statistics.
- Integrated Statistics for Strengthening Statistical System – Linking and integrating of primary/ administrative data has the potential to contribute to the development of high quality and impactful statistics. In response to demand, it is a need to investigate various sources, challenges and framework, practice and experiences to establish integrated production and reporting systems.
- Financial and Economic Statistics – Assessing and examining topics or issues from a financial analyst and economist perspective to provide a clear picture of the current financial and economic climate and its impact.
For the first time, The Best Young Statistician Presenter is designed to encourage young statisticians to take an active interest in official statistics. The committee will judge the presenter based on the following criteria:
- Be under age of 35 on 1st January 2020
- Must be the first author
- Have good presentation skill
The participant should submit the abstract together with a detailed resume.
Please find the detailed guidelines on abstract submission at the website MyStats2020. Please note that the deadline for abstract is 27 August 2020. Note that participation in this conference is FREE.
If you require any further information/assistance, please feel free to contact via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone 03 8885 7331 (Mr. Mohd Saiful Husain) or 03 8885 7167 (Ms. Diyana Amalina Fadzil).
Thank you very much for your support and cooperation.
Scientific Paper Committee
7th Malaysia Statistics Conference 2020